[GRASS-user] Vector file import formats

Donovan Cameron sault.don at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 09:36:24 PDT 2016

Hey Rich, the .mxd files are project files for ESRI's ArcGIS and don't
really contain any "data". They can be opened with ArcMap for example
and are used to mostly conduct geospatial analysis and map production.

The other files you have, .mdb may contain the spatial data but I think
that data cannot be converted or extracted from within grass unless GDAL
has been built with .mdb support [1][2].

[1] http://www.gdal.org/drv_pgeo.html

[2] http://www.gdal.org/drv_mdb.html

Donovan

On 27/10/16 09:28 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   I have a 90 files that are supposed to be figures but have the
> Microsoft
> Access .mdb extension and another 88 files with ARC/GIS .mxd extensions.
> When I look at supported formats for v.in.ogr I don't see either of those
> after sorting the list (why isn't it sorted anyway?).
>
>   Is there a way to import the vectors and associated (I presume) data
> into
> GRASS7x?
>
> Rich

Kind regards,