[GRASS-user] Vector file import formats

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Thu Oct 27 09:40:27 PDT 2016

The MXD files are just ArcGIS Map documents. They will hold no data -
only symbology.

You'll need to get your data out of the personal geodatabase files (the
.mdb files). It's been a while since I've tackled that - I wrote a
tutorial for doing this in QGIS. People have had hit or miss luck with
the tutorial -
http://www.northrivergeographic.com/qgis-accessing-personal-geodatabase.
It works for me (win 10 64 bit with QGIS).

Personal geodatabases were a first attempt at a database format for ESRI
when they left coverages. It's mostly been abandoned for the File Based
Geodatabase.

I know that probably isn't helping much - but - it might get you
started. I don't think there's a straight forward way to push that into
GRASS - there will need to be a few steps before hand.

Randy