[GRASS-user] Vector file import formats

Dave Roberts droberts at montana.edu
Thu Oct 27 10:03:54 PDT 2016

Rich,

    I would look at the excellent MDB-tools package
(http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net). mdb-export will pull a specific layer
out of the mdb file.  Unless it's a point coverage it's not going to
contain spatial data though, and even for point coverages it's rare to
the the point coordinates in the table.

    The access2csv java.jar program also claims to do .mdb, but I have
only used it for .accdb files because mdb-export works so well.

    As I recall, you're a linux guy, so you should have little trouble
with this.

    For the spatial data you'll have to find a shape file or coverage.

Dave