[GRASS-user] v.edit: unexpected behavior

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 28 10:42:08 PDT 2016

   The attached PNG image shows catchment boundaries and data collection
points. I'm trying to delete those catchments with no contained points, but
v.edit is not working as expected.

   The topmost (northern) catchment with a data collection point has ID=4;
the catchment immediately to its west has ID=5. Using this syntax,

   v.edit map=catchments tool=delete id=5

I expected the entire catchment to disappear. It does not. Instead, the
common boundary between it and catchment id 4 is dissolved and the combined
catchment area designated ID=4.

   What have I done incorrectly?

Rich