[GRASS-user] Versions 7.x startup issues [FIXED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 6 13:27:33 PDT 2016

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I just tried to use the development trunk branch (7.3) after defining a
> location and mapset. Grass did not start because of g.extension errors:

   Fixed the problem. Apparently I cannot invoke grass unless I'm in the
target working directory and issue the executable's name on the command
line. What I tried earlier was to invoke grass from the Xfce4 panel
independent of a cwd.

   Interesting. Hadn't tried this before so the issue never occured.

Rich