[GRASS-user] grass73: python module name issue

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 12:56:12 PDT 2016

This is perhaps important to highlight:

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 7:39 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com>
wrote:

> >   Does this mean I ignore the startup errors?
>
> the error means that 'import numpy' fails, so I am surprised it works
> for you otherwise. The import happens in gui_core/wxlibplot.py,
> wxplot/profile.py and nviz/wxnvix.py if you want to investigate more.

With numpy (somehow) broken, you won't be able to use the following GUI
features: 3D view (NVIZ), profile tool, interactive histogram and perhaps
few other features. However, none of the processing modules are influenced
(except for very few) and even the GUI is build to work in general without
numpy.