[GRASS-user] Import ASCII point file, project to current location

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 10 09:56:22 PDT 2016

On Sat, 10 Sep 2016, Markus Metz wrote:

> Try importing the long/lat points to a standard ll WGS84 location (not ll
> with NAD83), then reproject to the target location.

Markus,

   This puts the project area within the topographic and soils coverage areas
(see attached: red=project area, black=7.5 min. topo quad in 100 tiles,
yellow=LiDAR coverage).

   It may have been my error when displaying only the red and yellow layers
because I saw the red to the northwest of the yellow area and did not zoom
out sufficiently to see that it was actually within a larger polygon. Adding
the 100th-quad grid put it all in perspective.

   BTW, after I printed the displayed map the grass shell showed the following
and I don't know just when it appeared (all in version 7.0.5):

> (wxgui.py:18569): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from xPizza' to
> `GtkWindow'

(wxgui.py:18569): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_window_set_transient_for:
assertion arent == NULL || GTK_IS_WINDOW (parent)' failed

   Now I still have the raster maps naming problem and will address that in
the appropriate thread.

Thanks very much,

Rich