[GRASS-user] v.category chlayer issues

Dave Roberts droberts at montana.edu
Tue Sep 13 08:01:01 PDT 2016

I have a vector feature with four areas and two layers.   Each of the
two layers is tied to a different sqlite table.  I'm trying to make what
is currently layer 2 the default, and to delete the no longer needed
layer 1.  I tried

v.category inp=new_ascii op=chlayer type=centroid layer=2,1 out=fixed
WARNING: Database connection and attribute tables for concerned layers are
          not changed
Processing features...

but it never stops processing and I have to kill it.  The vector feature
new_ascii only has four areas, so it's not computationally intensive.
new_ascii layer 1 and 2 are both tied to a sqlite table.

I've looked at op=transfer, but haven't had luck with that yet either.

GRASS 7.0.4 on Arch linux if that matters.

Thanks, Dave