[GRASS-user] r.denoise inside python script

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 07:00:38 PDT 2016

Hi Carlos,

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Carlos Grohmann <carlos.grohmann at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm trying to run r.denoise from a python script but I'm getting some
> errors (below). Apparently this is about using pipe to redirect outputs
> (r.denoise is a bash script).

What you get in the command line (without involving Python)? How did you
install r.denoise? Which version of GRASS GIS?

> any ideas to work around this situation?

Provide full path to the module instead of the name or modify your PATH
variable so that r.denoise is found? (Also check shebang and executable
permissions.)

The solution might be 1) rewrite r.denoise to Python and GRASS GIS 7, so it
can go into addons, or 2) take mdenoise code which is GPL >2 and port it to
GRASS.

Vaclav