[GRASS-user] Importing data in .atx/.gdb format [RESOLVED ... REALLY!]

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Thu Sep 15 12:28:50 PDT 2016

>   In the ODOT2014 location I created an empty mapset called 'hwy_2015.gdb'.
>Exited grass. Moved the contents of the downloaded source file (also called
>'hwy_2015.gdb') into the new mapset. Then restarted grass.

AFAIK it's not recommended to move/copy any foreign stuff not created by
GRASS itself into the GRASS structure _location/mapset_ (see (1) 2.
Background: GRASS GIS Location structure).

to avoid messing up, keep your GRASS data in their structure and data
provided by others separate in their own directories on your disk.

for v.in.ogr/v.external there is no need to copy/move this data in the
_location/mapset_ structure; it can be imported/linked from anywhere on your
system.

(1) https://grass.osgeo.org/grass73/manuals/helptext.html

-----
best regards