[GRASS-user] Deleted mapset; grass error on start

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Fri Sep 16 14:16:41 PDT 2016

Hei Rich,

If I am not mistaken, the last used mapset is stored in $HOME/.grass7/rc which is picked up by GRASS if you start it in text mode.

However, you can of course explicitly specify the mapset to use at startup using:
grass72 /mygrassdb/mylocation/mymapset -text

See also: https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/grass7.html

Cheers
Stefan