[GRASS-user] Guidance wanted working with LiDAR data

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 13:53:58 PDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 3:11 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

>   The LiDAR modules mentioned work with vector point data. My data sources
> are Shapefiles of raster DEM data. I want to describe surface water flow

>   What modules are appropriate for these data to model flow paths to the
> culvert inflow? Or, should I convert the raster or vector files to a
> different type?

In this case it really doesn't matter if it is from lidar or not. Anyway,
you can a lot of useful information here (theory & GRASS commands):

http://ncsu-geoforall-lab.github.io/geospatial-modeling-course/topics/flow_modeling.html
http://ncsu-geoforall-lab.github.io/geospatial-modeling-course/grass/hydrology.html
http://ncsu-geoforall-lab.github.io/geospatial-modeling-course/grass/simwe.html