[GRASS-user] Query Related to i.landsat8.swlst

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu Sep 22 13:14:55 PDT 2016

Hei Johnn,

The command you specified is (except for the n-flag) an example from the manual. You would have to replace the input to the options according to your data!

I used i.landsat8.swlst in a project in Oslo and was quite satisfied with the results. You can see them here:
http://urban.nina.no/layers/geonode%3Alc81980182015183lgn00_lst_const_lc#more

I documented the production here:
https://github.com/NINAnor/openness/blob/master/oslo_heatmap.sh

Maybe the shell script gives you some more hints on the usage of the module in a processing chain...

Some hints from my experience with the module:
I would NOT use a one of the rather outdated GLC maps (which for my study area in addition were full of NoData). If you have a good land cover map I would reclassify it according to the classes used in the GLC maps (see the manual of i.landsat8.swlst).

Kind regards,
Stefan