[GRASS-user] GIS software popularity ranking: http://gisgeography.com/mapping-out-gis-software-landscape

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Sep 26 00:39:47 PDT 2016

FYI, I could not resist to also commenting on the GRASS "review" here:
http://gisgeography.com/grass-gis-geographic-resources-analysis-support-system/
as I actually took a bit offense in what gisgeography.com was writing - even if I am not one of the developers of all the nice features they condemned in the "review".

Obviously, the authors of the review seem to be lost in new surroundings... This makes me even more happy, that I do not depend on an overloaded GUI (which now and then gets fully renovated so users think they get a new and better software, buy the "new" version and then run to courses for learning the new GUI).

Cheers
Stefan