[GRASS-user] Unable to link to postgis/postgresql

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Sep 28 05:08:42 PDT 2016

On 27/09/16 14:52, Stefan Lüdtke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if I do not set all parameters with db.login I do have empty fields in
> that file, even though I put that parameters in the db.connect command.
>
> If everything is in db.login, I can connect to the db (as reported
> earlier) and list tables. However I can neither link nor import them
> because they are not listed in the gui box.

Thanks, I can confirm this.

You should be able to import your layers on the command line using:

v.in.ogr input="PG:dbname=YourDatabase host=YourRemoteServer"
layer=YourTable out=OutputName

If possible for you, could you please give future feedback in the trac
ticket: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3167 ? This would help
archive all the discussions in one place.

Thanks !

Moritz