[GRASS-user] Change units in location

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 28 10:10:26 PDT 2016

   I've looked at the wiki and the *.region pages without finding an answer
to this issue.

   The projection of my project is:

name: NAD_1983_HARN_StatePlane_Oregon_North_FIPS_3601_Feet_Intl
datum: nad83harn
ellps: grs80
proj: lcc
lat_1: 44.33333333333334
lat_2: 46
lat_0: 43.66666666666666
lon_0: -120.5
x_0: 2500000
y_0: 0
no_defs: defined

with projection units of:

unit: Foot
units: Feet
meters: 0.3048

   Most of the modules I run in my hydrologic analysis use feet without
complaint. However, to apply Laurent's Ixzi the input units need to be
metric. I'd like advice and suggestions on how to accommodate this need with
the existing location, mapsets, and vector/raster maps. Alternatively, if a
new location needs to be created how I would specify its parameters.

TIA,

Rich