[GRASS-user] map display query and layers

Dave Roberts droberts at montana.edu
Fri Sep 30 14:47:34 PDT 2016

d.vect has an option for layer= but I don't get any consistent effect
from the query tool in the map display.  For example

GRASS GIS 7.0.4 > v.db.connect -p fuel
Vector map <fuel> is connected by:
layer <1/LAB> table <fuel_1> in database
</home/dvrbts/grass/bryce/PERMANENT/sqlite/sqlite.db> through driver
<sqlite> with key <cat>
layer <2/ARC> table <fuel_2> in database
</home/dvrbts/grass/bryce/PERMANENT/sqlite/sqlite.db> through driver
<sqlite> with key <cat>

says there two layers to this feature connected to a sqlite database.
I'm interested in the data in layer=2, so

d.vect fuel layer=2

draws the map correctly, but when I click on polygons I get results from
layer 1, not 2.  And sometimes for other maps I get multiple layer
results, but often not the one I want.  It may depend on exactly where I
click (e.g. nearest a centroid (often invisible) vs a boundary) but it
seems more random to me.

GRASS 7.0.4

Linux 4.6.2-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks, Dave