[GRASS-user] Temporal framework: calculating annual 5-day extremes

RichardCooper richtcooper at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 5 21:31:47 PDT 2017

Hi,

I have a data set containing multiple years of daily raster layers and would
like to aggregate and output annual raster layers of 5-day extremes
(maxima).

Essentially, for each grid cell, I need to calculate rolling 5-day sums of
each year and then find the annual max of the latter sums, and output as a
series of raster layers of annual 5-day extremes.

However, I'm trying to work out the best way in GRASS of doing this. Overall
t.rast.aggregate comes closest to the type of functionality needed. I've
also looked at t.rast3d.mapcalc, but unsure if calculating a rolling sum is
possible.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how I might approach this.

Thanks,

Richard