[GRASS-user] Convert vector map from line to boundary/area

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Apr 6 15:57:13 PDT 2017

   I have done something incorrectly trying to create a mask and need a
clue-stick to correct the situation. Here's what I did:

   1. Digitized a line to define an area on a base raster map; saved it as
 	anal_area_mask.

   2. v.to.rast in=bndy_conditions type=area out=anal_area_mask use=cat

   3. Removed existing mask: r.mask -r

   4. Created new mask: r.mask rast=anal_area_mask

   5. Selected a raster map in the Layer Manager window.

   6. No map displayed in the Map Display window; it's plain white.

   Did editing the digitized line to an area, and saving it as a line, affect
how it was converted to a raster map? Yep.

   If I change the vector map type from line to boundary or area it is not
visible.

   How do I convert this vector line to either a boundary or area (whichever
is appropriate) so it produces a raster mask?

Rich