[GRASS-user] Change SQLite DB Column Width?

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at 3DTOPO.com
Fri Aug 4 00:32:38 PDT 2017

> On Aug 3, 2017, at 11:52 PM, Vincent Bain <bain at toraval.fr> wrote:
>
> to my knowledge, no way to alter a column in sqlite3 :
> https://www.sqlite.org/lang_altertable.html

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for the verifying; I was afraid of that.

;)

> .width only affects the output width of columns within sqlite3 prompt.

I see, thank you.

> I would suggest you to simply add a new column (with the right width),
> then copy the content of the previous to the new one and trash the
> former.

That is a great suggestion, thank you.

Is there a way to copy a column to a new column? It looks like db.copy copies a whole database, not just a column..

Will I have to use SQLite to do it? I’ve never actually used it directly before, so any examples would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Engineer
<3DTOPO.com>