[GRASS-user] [GRASS-dev] OGR SQLite question

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Aug 4 02:51:25 PDT 2017

On 29/07/17 17:59, Michael Barton wrote:
> The db.out.ogr manual states for the input argument:
>
> input=name [required]
> GRASS table name
> Or data source for direct OGR access
>
> How do you specify the name of a table in the GRASS sqlite.db that is
> not linked to vector objects?

Probably the manual could do with an update to reflect the fact that it
only works for existing maps. Maybe the input parameter should be
renamed to 'map' ?

> I'd like to export the distance matrix
> table created with v.distance -a.

Either do as Markus suggests (i.e. directly output the v.distance
results to a file), or you can use db.select to extract the info you need:

db.select "select col1, col2, col3 from NameOfTable"
output=YourDesiredOutputFile

Moritz