[GRASS-user] error in v.in.ogr with null values

Mira Kattwinkel kattwinkel-mira at uni-landau.de
Tue Aug 15 09:06:48 PDT 2017

Dear list,

I try to import a shape file using v.in.ogr. This used to work fine with
this same file but recently I get the following error:

Importing <filename.shp> ...
Check if OGR layer <filename> contains polygons...
Default driver / database set to:
driver: sqlite
database: $GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite/sqlite.db
Column name <cat> renamed to <cat_>
Importing 60 features (OGR layer <filename>)...
DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Error in sqlite3_prepare():
near ")": syntax error
DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Error in sqlite3_prepare():
near ")": syntax error
ERROR: Cannot insert new row: insert into filename values ( 1, 1, )
ERROR: Unable to import OGR datasource <filename.shp>

I was able to nail it down to empty cells in the attribute table (NULL).
When filling those the error disappears.

Have there been any changes to v.in.ogr that may cause this behaviour?
Or could this be related to OGR / GDAL?

Thanks a lot,

Mira

--