[GRASS-user] seeking advice on importing "unprojected" data

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 14:11:05 PDT 2017

Hi Michel, list,

I've come across a different method - using the CDO tools to remap the
rotated pole data set.

See thread here: https://code.mpimet.mpg.de/boards/2/topics/96
The answer there uses a simple ASCII "mygrid" as the target grid, but the
command can be "cdo remapbil,file.nc ifile ofile" where "file.nc" is a
netcdf file that represents the target grid. It has specific format
requirements discussed here:
https://earthscience.stackexchange.com/questions/8086/interpolate-gaussian-grids-to-regular-fixed-grids-using-bilinear-interpolation

I'm trying to figure out this CDO method, and having trouble converting my
GRASS GIS projection information (and the longitude and latitude
coordinates for each grid cell) to the correct NetCDF file... work is in
progress.

If I can't do it this way I'll hand-code it as you suggested in your reply.
I'm not totally clear on your method yet, so I may write and ask for more
details.

Thanks,

  -k.