[GRASS-user] d.rast.edit with multiple maps

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 08:31:30 PDT 2017

Hi Again,

I apologize in advance for the numerous questions. Is there any
documentation I'm missing?

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 4:52 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:

> I'm not at my GRASS, isn't there a small dropdown menue to choose the
> raster?

Not on OS X. The toolbar has a lot more going on when I install GRASS in a
Linux VM.

I nowe select a map from the dropdown, set the "Cell value:" to 9999,
"Width:" to 30 (the resolution of the map), and select the point option,
click 3x (3 green "+"'s appear), and then save the raster. If I then
inspect it with "r.info", it appears to be a new raster created by this
tool (based on the "Comments" section), but the max is not 9999:

> r.info DEM
 |   Range of data:    min = 341  max = 589
  |

 |   Data Description:
   |
 |    generated by r.patch
   |

 |   Comments:
   |
 |    r.patch --overwrite --quiet input="xceebb34b,DEM_backupcopy_10405" o\
  |
 |    utput="DEM at DEM"

If I repeat with the area tool instead of the point tool, and select ~10x10
area on a small raster (the region is only 80x50), when I save it it says
"rasterizing..." for ~10 minutes and nothing appears to be happening.

  -k.