[GRASS-user] Fills DEM with volume of water

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Aug 25 02:23:53 PDT 2017

[Please keep discussions on the list]

On 25/08/17 10:27, antonio cotroneo wrote:
> Thanks Moritz,
> I thinked in first time r.lake. About this, it's possible setting the volume of water with r.lake?

No, that's why I proposed to take the problem backwards: create a lake,
then calculate its volume. You will then have to iterate in order to get
closer to your desired volume, i.e. if the calculated volume is to high,
reduce the water height of the lake, if the volume is too low, increase
the water height.

There are maybe better options, but that's what I can see as a possible
path...

Moritz