[GRASS-user] Copy and concatenate a vector attribute between layers

Peter Tittmann ptittmann at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 17:03:40 PST 2017

Hi,

I have a vector (`POINT`) which has two layers containing relevant attributes (’strata’ and ’stand’). I would like to concatenate the two values into a new attribute for Layer 1 (’<STRATA>_<STAND>’). I’ve been struggling to sort this out for too long and am tapping out. Its probably blatantly obvious but it has escaped me.

Thank you!

Here are some specifics.

east, north: 651849.842735, 6604949.78485
c34_patch at project_area:
  Type: Point
  Id: 21622
  Layer: 1
  Category: 21623
  Driver: sqlite
  Database: /Users/pete/grassdata/PortGraham/project_area/sqlite/sqlite.db
  Table: c34_patch
  Key_column: cat
  Attributes:
    cat: 21623