[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS and alternative command line terminals in Windows

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Dec 2 15:08:00 PST 2017

>Do you think it is a packaging issue or not supposed to be included??

winGRASS is a work in progress ;-)

when we can find a consensus that such things/tools may be useful to include
also in standalone winGRASS, there may be a way to include them.

file sizes of these binaries aren't that big that this would be an issue.

thus opening a ticket with screening/listing of pros/cons regarding to
include these nice tools also in standalone winGRASS is the way to go IMHO;
because such things will be lost very quickly in threads in mailing
lists....

OTOH I'm also convinced, regarding long term support, a future code sprint
with a comparison of useful *nix tools available in windows with equivalent
MS own tools and a documentation of these results is highly needed for
further decision making how winGRASS will be designed.

user input for support in checking/testing/contributing/... is highly
appreciated. :-)

-----
best regards
Helmut