[GRASS-user] Copying many files of same pattern from one mapset to another

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 14 09:17:07 PST 2017

   Can't directly move maps from one mapset to another using rename (unless
I'm misreading the manual page), so I need to copy them to the current
mapset, then change to the source mapset and remove them.

   The g.copy man page does not indicate using regex or pattern to copy many
files at the same time. I have a set of 72 maps of the same pattern
(test4blk_h_*) created in the wrong mapset. I want to copy them to the
proper mapset. Is there a way to do this with a single command?

Rich