[GRASS-user] r.mapcalc: not the desired results

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 14 11:19:01 PST 2017

   I have two maps (sim_blk and sim_open, attached) and I want a map of the
cell-by-cell differences between them. Using the equation,

r.mapcalc "sim_max = max(sim_blk,sim_open)"

yields a map of the higher value for each cell (also attached), but the
color pallet is quite different from that of the two input maps. I'd like to
learn how to show the differences using the same color scheme in the result
as in the two source maps, and have not figured this out on my own.

   Please provide a clue stick.

Rich