[GRASS-user] grass72 or higher on RHEL6

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Feb 3 14:22:49 PST 2017

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 11:39 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 4:16 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> This looks like that the 2.6 HTMLParser is more picky about the HTML:

Apparently yes. I wonder if there is any trick to make it less strict?

I have locally tried to simplify the HTML code of d.barscale,
d.northarrow, d.vect, r.colors, v.colors, t.rast.colors but no
improvement.

Maybe it is not the manual pages of these modules but something in the
parameter/flag part?

It would quite help to know which line is failing, could this be printed?
>From the traceback it is not obvious.

> The following one will be tricky to fix. It is already a workaround because
> of some cross dependencies and all GUI depends on wx if not for other reason
> it is because all depends on globalvar module which needs wx and testing wx
> is its main purpose. It is a reasonable request not to require wx for build,
> but if the case is just building in non-GUI requirement there are two other
> build without GUI (that would be advantageous also for the speed).

Yes, probably.

> ...python core/menutree.py "manager" >> menustrings.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "core/menutree.py", line 44, in <module>
>     import wx
> ImportError: No module named wx
> make[4]: Leaving directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/grass-7.2.0/gui/wxpython'
> make[4]: *** [menustrings.py] Error 1
>
> The last one is documentation related. argparse is available only in >2.7
> and >3.2, needs some rewrite:

ok

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./parser_standard_options.py", line 8, in <module>
>     import argparse
> ImportError: No module named argparse
> make[3]: ***
> [/builddir/build/BUILD/grass-7.2.0/dist.x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/docs/html/parser_standard_options.html]
> Error 1

thanks,
Markus