[GRASS-user] Working with imported kml file

Stuart Edwards sedwards2 at cinci.rr.com
Mon Feb 13 08:07:08 PST 2017

Anna

I now have a working vector file that displays correctly and can be queried with normal results.  However after much trial and error I am still unable to access the elevation data in other modules (e.g. v.to.rast). There is always a requirement to specify the attribute - and as you can see, the geotmetric data are not attributes and do not show up in the menu of attributes. Here's the output from a query that may help visualize the problem:

east, north: -79.7630759471, 39.0874586371
DBT at corH:
  Type: Line
  Id: 885
  Length: 275.746
  Line_height: 698.602997
  Layer: 1
  Category: 885
  Driver: sqlite
  Database: /Users/sesMacBook/grassdata/KML/corH/sqlite/sqlite.db
  Table: DBT
  Key_column: cat
  Attributes:
    cat: 885
    cat_: 885
    tessellate: -1
    extrude: -1
    visibility: -1

What I need is the Line_height value, which is not an 'attribute' - neither is it 'z'

I tried exporting the file as a shape file and reimporting it - same result.  Then as a GRASS ascii - no file created - and ran out of ideas.  Is there a way to add Line_height as an attribute?

Any help appreciated...

Stu