[GRASS-user] v.net.path and "Coor file of vector map is larger than it should be"

Dustin Fry frydustint at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:37:33 PST 2017

I have read on this forum that this error can result when the module creating the vector map crashes before it closes the map.  That seems to be what is happening, but I'm not sure why it would be.

I am creating vector maps with v.net.path using .txt files of coordinate pairs to find the shortest path along the network for each pair.  This usually works, but not always.  For some of my maps that I am creating, v.net.path goes through all the coordinate pairs as it should, but then says "registering primitives" for a couple seconds and then closes before it finishes building the map.  When I try to use v.build, I get the "coor file of vector map is larger than it should be" error.

All of the coordinate files were created identically, all have the same number of coordinate pairs, and I'm using the same underlying vector map as the network (input) for v.net.path.  But for some of the coordinate files, the module crashes every time I try to create the map, after going through all the coordinate pairs.  Any thoughts on what might be causing this issue, and how I could fix it?