[GRASS-user] Fwd: r.modis.download error

Gianluca Massei agr.gianluca.massei at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 11:48:26 PST 2017

Thank You forse The help And forse tour jobs

Il 15/feb/2017 20:15, "Markus Neteler" <neteler at osgeo.org> ha scritto:

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 9:09 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Gianluca Massei
>> I'm tryng to use r.modis.download but I can't get the data I need.
>> According with the module man page and pyModis docs, I've made a
setting.txt
>> file with username and password for access in
>> https://urs.earthdata.nasa.gov, and i run this command:
>> r.modis.download -d --verbose
>> settings=C:\Users\gianluca\Documents\ModelliGIS\MODIS\
MODIS_GRASS\SETTING.txt
>> product=ndvi_aqua_sixteen_250 tiles=h18v04 startday=2015-01-01
>> endday=2015-12-31
>>  after several minutes, I get the error message reported in atteched file
>> "output_command.txt"
>>
>> I'm using GRASS 7.2.0RC2 (64bit) in windows 10 and in linux ubuntu 16.04
LTS
>> Could anybody help me, I can't undertand what I'm wrong.
>
> Nothing wrong - r.modis is still lacking some updates which have
> already been done in the pymodis "master" code.
> Luca plans to resync r.modis.* during the upcoming community sprint:
>
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Community_Sprint_Genova_2017

This has now happened:
- you need to install the pymodis library
- then you can (re)install r.modis with g.extension.

Importantly, you need to use the new NASA authentication which is now
supported.

See:
- Overview: https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/addons/r.modishtml
- Download: https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/addons/r.
modis.download.html
- Import: https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/addons/r.modis.import.html

We continue to improve the manual pages in these days.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software