[GRASS-user] Creating STRDS from scratch

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 21 08:35:59 PST 2017

   After reading the spatio-temporal introduction and t.create manual page I
went to the wiki where an example workflow is presented. The example uses
satellite raster data; my data are 25 days of daily precipitation (total and
hourly rate) over an approximate 40 ha area. A bare earth LiDAR DEM for this
area exists.

   Do I make copies of the DEM for each day then replace the elevation with
either the daily total or the hourly rate for each day?

   For the t.create parameters I know type = strds but have no idea what
temporaltype or semantictype to specify. (N.B. The manual page example has
no value for semantictype and that's supposed to be required input.)

   Where do I find the information I need to create this temporal database?

Rich