[GRASS-user] Change value of a specific raster cell

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 21 12:12:01 PST 2017

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> beside r.mapcalc, in the mapdisply there is the dropdown menu (2D view, 3D
> view, vector digitizer, raster digitizer). with the raster digitizer you
> can change the value of a single cell.

Helmut,

   I tried this and must have missed a step. I selected 'raster digitizer',
changed the status bar selector to 'Go to', entered the cell coordinates,
and the value of 160.0 in the digitizer value combo box, and saved the map.
r.what shows the original value, not the changed one.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Rich