[GRASS-user] [d.*] command not executing from standalone script

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 07:30:48 PST 2017

[answering on mailing list]

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 12:27 AM, Ang Sherpa <angsherpa232 at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the approach which I believe should work is running the Grass
> Command Shell in the background and executing the d.* command from sh
> script. So I will be grateful if you could share me the way to execute
> grass gis command shell only without wxgui.

You can execute any GRASS GIS module as subprocess in any application given
that you setup the environment correctly or you are in GRASS session. One
way how to achieve this is using `grass72 --exec` interface (see the doc).
Modules which are interactive GUIs (d.mon wx0, g.gui, ...) are more tricky
because they are persistent and asynchronous; if usage is appropriate
depends on the specific use case.