[GRASS-user] Workaround for pj_transform() failed: failed to load datum shift file

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at 3DTOPO.com
Wed Jul 19 18:05:12 PDT 2017

Greetings,

Just FYI - I imported an image into it’s own location with this command:

r.in.gdal  input=m_4511664.jp2 output=m_4511664 location=m_4511664

In the new location:
g.region rast= m_4511664; v.in.region output=bounds

When I tried re-projecting the from the created location, I got this error:

WARNING: pj_transform() failed: failed to load datum shift file
ERROR: Unable to re-project vector map <bounds at PERMANENT> from
       <m_4511664>

The cause of the error was this line in the PROJ_INFO file in the location created by r.in.gdal (first command shown in this email):

	nadgrids: @null

After removing that line, reprojection works.

Cheers,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Engineer
<3DTOPO.com>