[GRASS-user] Recommended v.select relate matrix?

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at 3DTOPO.com
Fri Jul 21 18:16:52 PDT 2017

Greetings,

Could someone possibly recommend a spatial relation matrix that would select practically identical lines, but not quite identical?

Just detecting if lines overlaps or crosses, etc. is not sufficient for my purposes.

I have read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DE-9IM

And its still not clear to me what matrix would be suitable for selecting practically identical lines. I have tried many possibilities, but I am doing trial and error with educated guesses. Everything I have tried is either not strict enough or too strict and doesn’t select anything.

Please see the attached image for what I mean by practically identical lines. I would like the purple lines to select the orange lines and only the orange lines. (I am only showing similar lines that I would like to select to avoid confusion.)

Many thanks,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Engineer
<3DTOPO.com>