[GRASS-user] Build boundary/area from polyline

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 7 10:35:28 PDT 2017

   I've done this in the past but cannot find my notes, and I'm not seeing
the proper vector module to convert a polyine to an area. I've looked at all
vector module descriptions and have not found the proper tool.

   The analytical area vector map consisted of two lines; v.build.polylines
connected the two into a single line. v.centroids did not add a centroid to
the map because I've not found the module that converts the polyline to a
boundary. 'v.build map=anal_area option=build' does not do this.

   Please show me what I'm not seeing.

TIA,

Rich