[GRASS-user] GUI digitizer not working as expected

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 8 15:41:58 PDT 2017

   I decided to try a different approach to dividing an area into two parts.
After loading the area and dividing line vector maps I selected vector
digitize and new map. Gave the map a name.

   Selecting the create new boundary tool I followed the desired line
segments for the area and the dividing line. Right-clicked when done.
Checking the new map I closed the original area and dividing line in the
layer manager window. There was no new map displayed. Changing properties
makes no difference.

   But, if I try to repeat the digitizing effort using the same map name I am
not able to move nodes, add lines, or do anything. All this with version
7.3.svn. I thought that the build number was saved but I cannot find it now.

   What might I be doing incorrectly?

Rich