[GRASS-user] i.superpixels.slic not working

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Jun 12 07:57:19 PDT 2017

Le 12 juin 2017 15:25:36 GMT+02:00, James Duffy <james.philip.duffy at gmail.com> a écrit :
> [...]
>>>
>>>                 I'm trying to run the following:
>>>
>>>                 *i.superpixels.slic -n group=mod1 at PERMANENT
>output=test
>>>                 num_pixels=5000
>>>                 memory=10000
>>>
>>>                 *
>>>                 The output gives me the following:
>>>
>>>                 (Mon Jun 12 10:17:40
>>>                 2017)
>>>                 i.superpixels.slic -n group=mod1 at PERMANENT
>output=test
>>>                 num_pixels=5000
>>>                 memory=10000
>>>                 Cache data in memory mode
>>>                 WARNING: Initialized 5036 of 5070 seeds
>>>                 Performing k mean segmentation...
>>>
>>>                 And then I get a 'GRASS 7 has stopped working' box
>pop up.
>>>
>>>                 I tried again with the default settings for the
>module:
>>>
>>>                 *i.superpixels.slic group=mod1 at PERMANENT output=test
>>>
>>>                 *
>>>                 And got the same error.
>>>
>>>                 I am using windows 10 professional and GRASS 7.3.svn
>>> (2017).
>>>
>>>                 Has anyone else got this module working, or had the
>same
>>>         problem
>>>                 on Windows?
>>>

>>>             I haven't had any problems running it on Linux, and some
>>>         colleagues
>>>             have run it on Windows.
>>>
>>>             Just for our info: What are your region settings ?
>>>

>>>         projection: 1 (UTM)
>>>         zone:       43
>>>         datum:      wgs84
>>>         ellipsoid:  wgs84
>>>         north:      25183.22184529
>>>         south:      25157.71783908
>>>         west:       301463.66480893
>>>         east:       301494.2431551
>>>         nsres:      0.07775612
>>>         ewres:      0.0778075
>>>         rows:       328
>>>         cols:       393
>>>         cells:      128904
>>>
>>>         Just to add, I am running i.segment.uspo without problems
>using
>>>         the same
>>>         imagery group and the same region.
>>>

>>>     Yes, the region is actually very small, so no problem from
>there. It
>>>     might be an issue with the memory handling. Could you try
>without
>>>     setting the memory parameter, i.e. using its default value of
>300
>>>     and tell us what happens ?
>>>

>>> *#default memory*
>>> *i.superpixels.slic -n group=mod1 at PERMANENT output=test
>>>
>>> *
>>> Produced the same problem.
>>>

>> Can you reproduce using the NC demo data set ?
>>
>> I.e.
>>

>Running:
>

>> *g.region rast=ortho_2001_t792_1m i.group ortho
>input=ortho_2001_t792_1m
>> i.superpixels.slic group=ortho out=slic_test*
>>

>Worked for me.
>

>*i.superpixels.slic -n group=ortho out=slic_test*
>Also works.
>

>*i.superpixels.slic group=ortho out=slic_test memory=10000 *

The issue arises when the module uses memory mode, i.e. when it reads the entire map into memory.

The issue is way above my pointer foo, so you'll have to wait for a fix and use only disk mode (by setting memory low enough) or download the previous version of the add-on from https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/imagery/i.superpixels.slic?rev=70478&format=zip and install from the zip using g.extension ... url=.

Moritz