[GRASS-user] Suppress overwrite warnings in GRASS (using rgrass7)

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Jun 19 02:41:16 PDT 2017

James Duffy wrote
> Hello,
>
> I'm executing loops where temporary files are overwritten on a regular
> basis. Even with the 'quiet' flag, the "WARNING: Vector map
> <iter_vect_intersect_temp2>
>  already exists and will be overwritten" message
> is produced. How can I turn this off? Either with a flag just for that
> command, or across the whole session?
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

have a look into

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass73/manuals/variables.html

GRASS_VERBOSE
    [all modules]
    toggles verbosity level

        -1 - complete silence (also errors and warnings are discarded)
        0 - only errors and warnings are printed
        1 - progress and important messages are printed (percent complete)
        2 - all module messages are printed
        3 - additional verbose messages are printed

    This variable is automatically created by g.parser so that the --verbose
or --quiet flags will be inherited by dependent modules as the script runs.

HTH

-----
best regards
Helmut