[GRASS-user] Filling sinks w/ minimum slope

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 09:35:37 PDT 2017

Hi GRASS list,

I'm interested in filling sinks in a DEM before using r.watershed. I currently use r.fill.dir.

I've discovered that the SAGA fill command has an option to set a "Minimum slope gradient to preserve from cell to cell; with a value of zero sinks are filled up to the spill elevation (which results in flat areas)" (see http://www.saga-gis.org/saga_tool_doc/2.1.3/ta_preprocessor_4.html ).

Does anyone know of an option for this in GRASS, or an addon that implements this feature? I've briefly looked at calling SAGA from GRASS and it seems non-trivial. I'd prefer to do this in GRASS if possible.

Thanks,

  -k.