[GRASS-user] Matching Histograms for Aerial Photography?

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at 3DTOPO.com
Mon Jun 19 16:13:08 PDT 2017

Greetings,

I am struggling to match histograms for various US states NAIP 1-meter aerial photography.

It appears that each state shown here has been equalized for each individual state except for Nevada and Arizona.

I have tried using r.rescale.eq with many different parameters but I cannot really get Nevada and Arizona to roughly match the intensities of the rest of the states. It is difficult to guess values that match because the images are quite large and when I attempt to use a thumbnail (say at 50m resolution), the parameters used for the 50m thumbnail don’t match when using the full resolution image.

Can anyone recommend how I might be able to get the histograms to match?

Thanks,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Engineer
<3DTOPO.com <http://3dtopo.com/>>