[GRASS-user] unit of step in v.surf.bspline: pixels ?

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 13:09:40 PDT 2017

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 5:24 PM, Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> On 17/05/17 14:38, Markus Metz wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 11:24 AM, Moritz Lennert
>> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be <mailto:mlennert at club.worldonline.be>>
wrote:

>>> Do I understand correctly that the ew_step and ns_step parameters in
>>
>> v.surf.bspline take values in numbers of pixels ?
>>
>> Yes, the unit of ew_step and ns_step is pixels. Same for the v.lidar.*
>> modules and v.outlier.
>

> Ok, I have added this info to the parameter description and the man page.

Sorry, I was wrong. The unit of the ew_step and ns_step options is map
units. When Roberto Antolin and Gonzalo Moreno ported the lidar modules
from GRASS 5 to GRASS 6, the default answers for these options were
introduced, suggesting that the unit is pixels. Since the unit is map units
(has always been), a default answer can not be provided. Fixed in all GRASS
7 branches.

Markus M