[GRASS-user] Projection errors with Aster GDEM and SHP Files

preiaen nils.hempel at gmx.de
Thu Jun 29 06:09:34 PDT 2017

YOU DID IT! Thanks for your help!

Well that was a tough one and I wouldn't have figured that out on my own.

Two last questions:

Why is QGIS able to deal with this problem on the fly, I always thought that
GRASS is by far more powerful then QGIS?

Secondly: the manually created location had a proj parameter nadgrids: @null
. As long as I had this parameter in the proj file, I couldn't reproject the
vector map, for I always got the error "failed to load datum shift file". So
my solution was to delete this parameter. But what is he for and why did he
get a value assigned, which apperantly blocks reprojection?