[GRASS-user] damaged vector

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Wed Mar 1 04:40:18 PST 2017

Dear Grass users/devs,

while moving/deleting vertices on a line vector map, I was kicked out of
my wxdigit session. As often in this case the map is damaged, with the
warning : "Coor files of vector map <cbn2017 at vincent> is larger than it
should be (7762 bytes excess)"

I don't really know how the error can be investigated, or if it's
possible to edit the file to correct the erroneous feature... but this
time I finally tried to retrieve my data (a load of contour lines) with
v.extract. I succeeded and could keep on working avoiding to loose quite
a massive data.

My question is : is there a /more regular/ way to resolve this frequent
issue?

Thanks,
Vincent.