[GRASS-user] r.water.outlet map does not display

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 6 17:02:34 PST 2017

On Tue, 7 Mar 2017, Sören Gebbert wrote:

> Yes. The watershed computed via r.water.outlet may be only a single pixel
> in size, if your outlet point is not located on a stream. Better use
> r.watershed.

Sören,

   I ran r.watershed first. But, since there are no streams present no map
was produced.

   Because I could not create the mask using r.watershed and r.water.outlet I
manually digitized (in the map display window) a smaller area, converted
that to a raster map, then used that for the mask. Itzi is now happy and
running much faster than before.

Thanks,

Rich