[GRASS-user] log function for SQLite

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Wed Mar 8 02:26:19 PST 2017

NikosAlexandris wrote:

>>> Dear list,
>>>
>>> where is the extension for SQLite that contains the (mathematical) log
>>> function available to download?  As referenced in
>>> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass73/manuals/v.db.update.html.

Helmut Kudrnovsky:

>>> I think the reference in the manual requires a source or a link to it.
>>
>>just found something in the wiki:
>>
>>https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Build_SQLite_extension_on_windows

For Linux:

gcc extension-functions.c -fPIC -shared -o libextensionfunctions.so

Note,

1) there is still a "compile" warning for the code (no time to hunt)
2) The log() function does not like, naturally, 0 values. But this can
be workedaround with a where SQL clause.

Can we not integrate this into GRASS?  It feels awkward to have to spend
so much time for a log or similar function to use in a v.db.update call.

Nikos