[GRASS-user] Setting layer transparency from a script

Laurent C. lrntct at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 16:31:18 PDT 2017

Hi Nikos,

What I would like is the possibility to set a percentage of opacity. But if
I understand well, it is what is doing pnmcomp.

Thanks for your appreciation.

Regards,
Laurent

On 11 Mar 2017 03:35, "Nikos Alexandris" <nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:

Laurent C.:

Hello,

> I'm using a Python script to generate maps for publication by setting
> GRASS_RENDER_FILE and running the different d.* commands. Is it
> possible to add opacity to some of the layers?

Dear Laurent,

not a direct answer, but you might want to read
<https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2016-March/073831.html>

Also, the r.out.png tool has a "-t   Make NULL cells transparent" flag.

Kind regards and thank you for your excellent work I've seen elsewhere.

Nikos